Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Finish what you've started

I am passing this on to you because it definitely worked for me and we all could use more calm in our lives. By following the simple advice I heard on a Dr. Phil show or Dr. Laura or Dr. Ruth... I can't remember whose show now. Anyway, I have finally found inner peace.

The Dr. proclaimed that the way to achieve inner peace is to finish all the things you've started. I didn't finish watching the show, but decided to follow such profound advice. I looked around my house to see all the things I started and hadn't finished. So, before leaving the house this morning I finished off a bottle of Merlot, and a bottle of Bailey's, a package of Oreos, the remainder of a Prozac prescription, the rest of the cheesecake, some saltines and a box of twinkies.

You have no idea how freaking good I feel. ;-) Hmmm... maybe the Master I should be following is Jesus.

1 comment:

~Jen~ said...

I laughed so hard at this at first Eric. First, I was trying to picture you watching Dr. Phil!!! LOL, but I guess you bald headed guys just have to stick together. But then I got to the end and said a huge AMEN!!
God Bless You My Friend.
P.S. Anyone who reads this needs to watch out....Mr. Eric is quite to pickpocket!! Wink, wink! Ask him about it, it was at Hurricane Coffee! LOL